“If your mind isn’t clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.”
mindfulness course content
Mindfulness and becoming mindful is a lifetime engagement – not to get somewhere else, but to be where and as you actually are in this very moment, whether the experience is pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral.
Undertaking a mindfulness course with Chantek, you will be guided through an eight-week process of self-discovery that includes daily home assignments, you will learn to mobilize your deep inner resources for learning, growing, and healing, and for taking care of yourself and making positive sustained changes in health attitudes and behaviours.
• Mindfulness Courses are experiential, practice based and participatory. You are asked to attend all sessions and in addition are guided and encouraged to develop a daily practice at home. You will be supported at your own pace.
• The mindfulness courses are of great value and benefit, either if you have experience in meditation or if you are new to meditation.
• Different practices include self-awareness, meditation, walking meditation, yoga and mindful moving. These practices allow you to begin to accept yourself, to be just as you are, without continually striving for a right way of doing things.
• Guidance notes will be given every week. Practice audio recordings will be provided. The sessions give you an opportunity, with support, to allow your curiosity, understanding and process of inner enquiry to deepen.
• Lightness and Laughter permeate the courses as we work together with other like-minded people, bringing to balance a sense of the depths and the lightness of our lives.
In summary, the program’s primary aim is the development of one’s inherent, internal resources and the acquiring of skills that can be flexibly applied in everyday life as a means of coping more effectively with stress, pain, and illness, and that can be utilized by you far beyond your completion of the mindfulness course.
The group and individual mindfulness courses are run locally in and around Saffron Walden, Essex and are within easy travelling distance from Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Hertfordshire or London. The individual or couples mindfulness courses are available to fit in with your location, schedule or for people unable to attend about group courses